Apple & Blueberry Protein Loaf.
Coffee & cake can often feel like the ultimate treat, but it doesn’t have to be one you miss out on! Here is a healthy baking recipe for my low-calorie, high protein loaf combining two of my all time favourite flavor combos. Coming in at less than 110 kcals per serving, it’s the perfect mid-morning coffee accompaniment!
Makes 8 slices.
- 45g Ground almonds
- 60g Vanilla whey protein powder (MyProtein)
- 100g Apple sauce
- 1 Egg
- 30g Egg whites
- 100g Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 15g Sweetener (Stevia or Candarel)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Macros per bite.
104 kcal/ 9g P/ 7g C/ 5g F
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients (except blueberries) into a food processor or Nutri-Bullet and mix well.
- Once the mixture is combined, stir in the blueberries (by hand).
- Line a loaf or baking tin with baking paper, and spray with fry light (or other low-calorie spray).
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place in the centre of your oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from your baking tin, and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 8 equal slices and ENJOY!*
*Loaf will keep for up to 4 days in an air-tight container*
Give this delicious loaf a go, and if you do make any of the other recipes featured, post and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to be able to see some of my homemade bakes appear elsewhere!