Protein Biscoff Mini-Millionaire Shortbread.
A crumbly protein biscoff biscuit base, homemade caramel filling AND a biscoff chocolate topping. What could be better? I’ll wait and leave that thought with you…
This was definitely a ‘throw it all together and hope for the best’ kind of recipe and trust me, it worked. It’s a traybake, all in one kind of recipe but a delicious combination that leaves you with 8 heavenly bites!
Biscoff spread in my opinion, is one of the most underrated spreads. It’s sweet yet spicy, has cinnamon-esque undertones and tastes divine on pretty much everything! Toast, oat cakes, ryvita, pancakes – you name it!
I also decided to make the caramel from scratch which was new for me. A little faffy I won’t lie, but worth the wait and time!! It does require attention and constant stirring, but the minute your kitchen starts smells like a fudge factory, you’ll persevere!
For the Base –
- 15g Free Soul Ginger Biscuit Protein Powder
- 200g Biscoff Biscuits
- 90g Butter
For The Caramel –
- 80g Butter
- 4-5 tbsp Canderel Sweetener
- 3 tbsp Syrup
- 190g Light Condensed Milk
For The Topping –
- 100g Chocolate
- Crushed Biscoff Biscuits
1. Blitz the biscuits to a small crumb, add melted butter and protein powder.
2. Pulse until combined then press into a lined tin.
3. In large saucepan, add the condensed milk, butter, sweetener & syrup. Melt on medium heat until sweetener has dissolved. Stir continuously.
4. Once the sweetener has dissolved, turn up the heat until it boils then stir so that the mixture doesn’t catch or stick to pan.
5. The caramel mixture is ready when it has changed colour and has a fudge like texture
6. Pour the caramel onto the biscuit base then leave to set in the fridge or freezer.
7. Melt the chocolate and pour over the caramel layer.
8. Sprinkle biscoff crumbs on the top then return to the fridge.
9. Slice & enjoy!
Decadent, delicious and mouthwateringly good! Enjoy with a large cup of coffee and a good book.