Double Berry Jammie Dodger Protein Blondies.
I’m sure you all saw the biscoff trend that was circulating social media. Biscoff brownies, biscoff oats, biscoff pudding – you name it and I can almost guarantee there is a recipe out there that has somehow managed to sqeeze it in. I also fell victim to the trend so if you’re in the market for some EPIC biscoff brownies, be sure to check out my recipe here!
I also made a batch of amazing Oreo Brownies so again, if you’re in the market for a second biscuit themed bake, check these out. Aaaand, as the title suggests, I’m back again with a third biscuit themed bake (#sorrynotsorry). I don’t know what it is about placing a biscuit on top of a bake that makes it that extra appealing. Perhaps its because it makes it neat and uniform? Or maybe its because they add another dimension of delicious-ness. Whatever it is, I can’t get enough.
Today, I’m bringing you Double Berry Jammie Dodger Protein Blondies!! A bit of a mouthful I know, but bare with me.
I’m not the best at making brownies or blondies for that matter. I find the texture pretty tricky to get right but, I think I’ve cracked it this time round.
Jammie Dodger Blondies have been done before so unfortuantely, I can’t claim the title as there isn’t really anything unique here. I can however, promise that these are so easy to make. They’re delicious, fairly fool-proof and will 100% hit those butterscotch blondie needs. I added an extra step to the recipe that I think you’ll also love – a swirl of homemade jam underneath the Jammie Dodger!
Before sharing the all important dEATs with you all, I must add these blondies did remind me of cherry bakewells – strange I know seeing as cherries don’t feature in this recipe. I’ve put it down to the the marizpan flav drops. Although these are optional, I would 10/10 recommend adding them. They have the power to totally transform a recipe!
Makes 6 LARGE squares.
- 20g Free Soul Berry Protein Powder
- 115g Flora Butter
- 50g Canderel Sweetener
- 60g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla Flav Drops
- 1tsp Marzipan Flav Drops
- 120g Plain Flour
- 100g White Chocolate
- 6 Heaped tbsp Jam
- 6 Jammie Dodger Biscuits (the other 2 are to be consumed whilst baking)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, line a square brownie tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and once cooled, add the sugar and sweetener. Mix until smooth.
- Add the egg and flav drops – beat for a minute or so.
- Once well mixed, add the protein powder, flour and chocolate chips to the bowl. Again, stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the lined brownie tray making sure that the top is relatively flat.
- Using a teaspoon, add little blobs of jam to the top. Using the back of the spoon, swirl it into the mixture. (ps. this doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Press the Jammie Dodger biscuits into the top of the blondie and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Bake until a knife comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Slice into 6 generous squares and enjoy!
TOP TIP : These blondies are best eaten within 3-4 days of baking and should be stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place – not in the fridge! They can also be frozen for 2-3 months – defrost at room temperature and consume within 3 days.
If you have any other biscuit bake ideas, please do let me know in the comments below!