Vanilla Protein Chickpea Blondies.
These Cashew Butter Vanilla Chickpea Blondies are gooey, delicious and made with no refined sugar. They’re nutritious enough to enjoy as a yoghurt bowl topping, a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. And, if you’re looking for something a little bit extra for dessert, why not try it with a dollop of ice cream!
Flourless, naturally gluten-free and vegan!
I know what you’re thinking, chickpeas in a dessert? But, hear me out. When you drain and blitz them in a blender, they create a fudgy, moist and silky texture that absorbs flavour. The vanilla extract and vanilla protein powder make these blondies sweet but not toooooo sweet.
7 ingredients, 25 minutes and a little bit of patience is all it takes!
Makes 6-8 Squares.
- 20g Free Soul Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tin of Chickpeas [Drained]
- 65g Meridian Cashew Butter
- 5 tbsp Honey/ or Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 60g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the protein powder, drained chickpeas, syrup, nut butter, vanilla extract & baking powder into a blender.
- Blitz the mixture until it is combined and smooth.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, spread mixture into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the blondies, then bake them for 20-25 mins.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 8 squares.
TOP TIP : The blondies will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven so if they’re a little bit gooey at first, this is a good thing!!