Protein Blueberry Chocolate Flapjacks.
Crumbly gooey flapjacks filled with protein, blueberries and dark chocolate! And before you ask, yes. They’re as good as they sound. Fact. Soft, chewy, packed with flavour and perfect to take on the go.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve found that shop bought flapjacks often contain lots of sugar, additives and ingredients that you wouldn’t necessarily put in your own homemade ones. They’re also quite expensive!!
So, I decided to create my own using dark chocolate and blueberries – a flavour combination that in my opinion, is really underrated. You can however, easily omit them for milk chocolate, dates or nuts! I used frozen blueberries but of course fresh works too.
The blueberries burst and go sticky whilst baking, the dark chocolate adds an indulgent rich dimension that leaves you wanting more! Pair one with a cuppa around 11am and it’s smiles all round. Now, let’s get to sharing those all important recipe dEATs!!
- 15g Free Soul Vegan Chocolate Protein
- 250g Oats
- 90g Butter
- 50g Almond Butter
- 50g Peanut Butter
- 20ml Almond Milk (add more if too dry)
- 100ml Syrup – Maple or Sweet Freedom Date Syrup
- 80g Frozen Blueberries
- 30g Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190 and line a baking tray.
- Combine protein powder and oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the almond butter, peanut butter, butter and syrup until runny.
- Add to the oat mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and dark chocolate.
- Pour into baking tray, press down firmly. Drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is golden brown.
- Allow to cool, then slice into 12.
I might sound like a broken record when I say this, but the recipes I create and share are made with the intention of you feeling good whilst treating yourself to simple yet delicious alternatives. Food doesn’t need to be served with a side of guilt, I promise.