Pink Berry Protein Balls.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in keeping with the pink ribbon theme, I thought I’d make these pink protein balls in the hope it offers a little reminder and awareness whilst you’re having a little read of this post.
Through this new recipe, I wanted to show a little bit of support to anyone who might know or be suffering from Breast Cancer.
It’s the most common cancer in the UK with one woman being diagnosed every 10 minutes. Around 55,000 women and 370 men are diagnosed every year in the UK.
The good news is, it’s so preventable. The earlier breast cancer is diagnosed, the better the chance of successful treatment. Getting to know what your breasts look and feel like normally means it’s easier to spot any unusual changes and check them with your doctor.
Have you heard of Coppafeel? If not, I URGE you to take 5 minutes to check them out.
The charity exists to eduacte and remind every young person that checking your boobs isn’t only necessary, it’s also pretty fun.
They are the first breast cancer charity in the UK to solely create awareness amongst young people, with the aim of instilling the knowledge and tools they need to get to know their bodies. They like to ‘talk about a serious message in a light-hearted way, empowering people to start healthy habits for life’.
BUT, back to the recipe dEATs.
Naturally vegan and gluten free these Pink Berry Protein Balls are a super healthy snack you can enjoy at any time of the day. They’ll also keep in the fridge for a week providing they’re kept in an airtight container.
Makes 16 balls.
- 30g Free Soul Berry Vegan Protein
- 100g Oats
- 35g Coconut Flour – I used The Groovy Food Co.
- 20g Shredded Coconut
- 30g Coconut Oil
- Lots of Sweet Freedom Light Syrup
- Fresh/ Frozen Raspberries
- Desiccated Coconut
1. Split the mixture in half [half the protein balls will be pink].
2. Place ingredients in blender, mix until you get a sticky dough.
3. Repeat with second batch.
4. Add splash of water if too dry.
5. Roll the mixture into balls, adding desiccated coconut to the plain ones [optional]
6. Place in freezer for at least an hour.
As always, ‘FSAmyCousins’ will save you a handful of pennies online at Free Soul! If you haven’t placed an order yet, why not?!