White Chocolate, Salted Caramel Protein Muffins.
Easy homemade White Chocolate, Salted Caramel Protein Muffins with a soft molten caramel centre! Quite possibly some of my finest work to date if I don’t say so myself!
When I was putting my recipe ideas together, I thought about using Biscoff spread as the molten middle however, I do sort of feel as though I’ve over done it. The next best thing? Salted caramel of course!
The issue that I’ve had before when baking with spreads is that you run the risk of it disappearing, sinking or oozing out the sides and lets be honest, no one wants that!! My top tip for avoiding that at all costs? Freezing a large blob before hand.
I left the salted caramel blobs in the freezer for about 20 minutes on a baking tray and it worked perfectly. Once frozen, I placed the caramel coins in the bottom of the muffin cases and voila!
The actual muffin mix is very easy and really resembled a traditional muffin texture. Whenever I make muffins, I opt for the tulip cases. Not only do they look like shop bought muffins, they hold more mixture which means bigger muffins. Win win!!
Before I share the all important dEATs, I want to let you in on my last muffin tip.. Add milk to the mixture – oat or almond works best and it really does creates a much fluffier texture. You can all thank me later for that one!!
Makes 8 muffins.
- 20g Free Soul Berry Protein Powder
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 40g Light Brown Sugar
- 40g Canderel Sweetener
- 85g Butter
- 80ml Oat Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 8 Heaped Salted Caramel Spread
- 60g White Chocolate Chips
- Spoon 8 large tbsp salted caramel onto lined baking tray or plate, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees, line muffin tray with tulip cases.
- Mix the egg, milk, vanilla and butter in a bowl until creamy and pale in colour.
- Add the flour, sugar and protein poweder to the mixture – stir until combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Place a salted caramel coin at the bottom of the cases, then cover with the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 22-25 minute or until knife comes out clean. A low heat is important here!!
- Leave to cool & drizzle with extra caramel spread and chocolate chips.
If you bake one thing for yourself this week, make it these delicious muffins. Perfect for that 4pm slump!