Protein Packed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
If you love easy, quick cookie recipes then this one is for you. You can make the batter in minutes and they only take 15 minutes to bake! What could be better.
These protein packed choco chip cookies are my new absolute fave. They’re so easy to make and always turn out amazing. Soft, chewy and DELICIOUS! You can whip these up using pretty much any mix-ins you fancy and show your friends & family just how EASY vegan* cookies can be (omit barebells vanilla shake for these cookies to be 100% vegan!)
I like my cookies CHUNKY or thick with two cc’s and if you’re the same, remember to roll the dough into large balls – the rougher the better. Not only does this give them character, but it will also ensure that the chocolate chips stay gooey once cooked. The trick to acheiving chewy cookies is to bake them 3-4 minutes less than you might think. I’d even go as far as to say take them out before they start to turn golden brown.
- 20g Free Soul Vanilla Vegan Protein
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Canderel Sweetener
- 80g Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- 40ml Barebells Vanilla Shake
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 25g Walnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C, line and prepare your baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the coocnut oil with the sweetener. Mix together until pale in colour.
- Add the protein powder, flour, vanilla shake and extract – mix well.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips. Put the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie mix from the fridge, roll into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 mins to ensure they stay chewy! Note, they will be soft when you take them out of the oven but leave them on the hot tray for 5 or so minutes to cool and firm up.
It’s been so long since I spent time baking and typing up recipes so I really hope you enjoy this one. And if you do, please do tag and let me know! I’m @amycousins1 on Instagram – drop me a note and lets have a chat!