DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PROTEIN COOKIES.
These rich and utterly scrumptious high protein cookies will totally satisfy those chocolate cravings and leave your mouth watering for more! I’m back (again) bringing you another delicious recipe because who doesn’t love seeing double chocolate chip cookies first thing in the morning?!
These cookies are almost cake like because of their soft moist texture that melts in your mouth. Trust me when I say you’ll have the children and adults coming back for more! I added Free Soul to pack in that protein as well as chunky chocolate chips for gooeyness. With no added sugar, you can indulge and feel incredibly good about it. As you should.
This recipe requires a few more ingredients in comparison to my ‘Feel Good Flapjacks‘ but still uses cupboard staples. If you don’t have desiccated coconut, please don’t worry! You can omit this or substitue it for ground almonds. These can also be made vegan by using a mashed banana and cacao powder instead of an egg and hot chocolate powder. I’m really hoping these can be tasty treats for everyone!
Ingredients and method details below, and as always, if anyone has any questions about ingredients, please do let me know by dropping a comment below or contacting me via Instagram! Enjoy!
Makes 15 cookies.
- 30g Free Soul Chocolate Protein Powder
- 60g Oats (Ground to flour)
- 50g Flour (Wholemeal if possible)
- 15g Desiccated Coconut
- 10g Hot Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 40ml Oil
- 30g Honey or Sweet Freedom Syrup
- Handful of Pecans
- Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt (Optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees and line baking tray with baking paper and fry light.
- Ground your oats into flour using a blender.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, mix and combine.
- Form the dough into 15 equal sized balls, place onto the lined baking tray.
- Using the back of a teaspoon, flatten the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool then, top with sea salt flakes and additional pecans.
These cookies will last for up to 5 days in an airtight container and if you manage to make them last that long, you deserve a medal!
Stay safe, stay inside, safe lives.