Easter Vanilla Chocolate Chip Shortbread.
What’s better than shortbread?
Except chocolate-chip, mini-egg infused shortbread that is!
These buttery biscuits are melt-in-your-mouth heaven. The evenly distributed chocolate chips take them to a whole new level of delicious-ness. So if you’re craving a little bit of chocolate pre-Easter, give these a go!
I diiiiid add mini-eggs right at the end because, well, Easter wouldn’t be Easter without mini-eggs in my eyes. But of course, if you are a strict vegan, feel free to omit these – I won’t be offended.
- 100g Flora Butter (their new range is ENTIRELY vegan)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50g Natvia Sweetener
- 30g Free Soul Vanilla Protein Powder
- 120g Plain Four
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot (or cornstarch)
50g Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Chips
10g Crushed Mini-Eggs (optional)
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the flour, protein powder and arrowroot, Mix to form a dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Wrap the dough in the cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out to approximately ½ cm thickness and cut into shapes.
- Place on the baking sheet, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown at the edges, turning half way through to ensure even baking.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with mini eggs.
Comforting and moreish chocolate chip shortbread biscuits perfect to share with loved ones on Easter Sunday.
If you’re looking for some other vegan treats to bake, why not give these Jammie Dodgers a go, they’re pretty close to the real thing even if I say so myself!