Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Protein Doughnuts.
These Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts are moist, baked cake doughnuts and can be topped with a pumpkin spice – sugar mixture and/or a maple glaze. Super easy to make, and fun too! The perfect autumnal recipe for the whole family.
For a guaranteed successful starting point, I used my old faithful doughnut recipe. I love this batter because it’s really easy to prepare and always impresses, even without a fancy filling or topping. Its so interchangeable so can easily be adapted to suit your taste buds! Dunk into your afternoon cuppa and thank me later!
I’ve got another trick for you… And I do this with almost every cake, muffin, cupcake and doughnut I bake. When the doughnuts look as thought they’re almost done, poke the top with your finger. If the doughnut bounces back, it’s done! If your finger leaves an imprint or indent, it needs a little longer in the oven. Of course a toothpick or knife works too, but thats nowhere near as fun!
I won’t keep you waiting for the recipe any longer, so without further a do, here are the dEATs!
Makes 6 doughnuts.
- 65g Oat Flour
- 30g Free Soul Vanilla Vegan Protein
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 80ml – 100ml Alpro Soy Milk
- 2 tbsp. Sweetener
- 1 V. Ripe Banana
- Pumpkin Spice Seasoning Mix
- Canderel Sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray your doughnut tray with fry light and set to one side.
- Add all ingredients to a blender (minus the toppings) and blend until smooth.
- The mixture will be thick – if you think it needs more liquid, try adding a few drops of water or milk.
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut pan, filling each all the way to the top.
- Bake for 13-14 mins or, until the doughnuts are springy to touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, flip the donuts out onto a wire rack.
- Spray with fry light and dip into pumpkin spice and sweetener.
Autumnal baking is the best and I hope this recipe makes its way to a kitchen near you!