Vanilla, Oat, Walnut & Sultana Protein Loaf.
A light summery loaf with subtle hints of vanilla and cinnamon topped with lots of crunchy walnuts and chunky oats. Finish a slice with a healthy dollop of melted peanut butter and a sprinkling of cinnamon for a delicious afternoon snack!
I’ve been wanting to make another loaf style bake for a while now and I thought now would be the perfect time to do so – just in time for the Bank Holiday Weekend!
This bake is one of those ‘throw it all together, give it a stir and hope for the best’ kind of bakes. And you know what, it works time and time again. If walnuts aren’t your thing, feel free to omit them and swap them out for almonds, brazil nuts or pistachios. The same goes for sultanas – raisins, cherries or chocolate chips also work a treat!
Allow the loaf to bake for the full 18 minutes or until risen, golden and wonderfully moist before allowing it to cool.
This Walnut and Sultana Loaf is so easy to make and bake while being naturally gluten-free, moist and fluffy. If you’re vegan, you can also swap out the egg for flax egg.
TOP TIP – this is best served with a haaauge dollop of peanut butter, cinnamon and syrup, washed down with a giant cup of tea. Perfection.
- 20g Vanilla Free Soul Protein Powder
- 250g Oats (Ground to a flour)
- 120g Ground Walnuts⠀
- 1 Egg / Flax Egg
- 50g Chopped Walnuts ⠀
- 50g Sultanas⠀
- 3tsp Cinnamon ⠀
- 250ml Oat Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3tbsp Sweet Freedom Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Extra Oats to top (prior to baking)
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°C, line and prepare a loaf tin.
- Blitz the oats and walnuts into a fine flour (I used a NutriBullet ).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the blitzed oat & walnuts with the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, chopped additional walnuts and sultanas.
- Once combined, add in the egg, oat milk and syrup – mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your lined loaf tin, sprinkle with whole oats and walnuts. I also added a drizzle of syrup to make it extra golden brown!
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until the knife comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely before transferring to a wire wrack.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Walnut and Sultana Loaf, so please do let me know below! Tag me in your re-creations too, I’m @amycousins1 on Instagram. Come say hello!